North Lanarkshire Council launches ‘It Pays to Switch’ campaign
North Lanarkshire Council has launched a new comparison website to make help residents find the best price with energy providers.
Building on the hugely successful ‘It Pays to Switch’ campaign, the new initiative aims to help save people money on their bills and help tackle fuel poverty. The previous campaign realised £545,265 worth of savings for households across North Lanarkshire and beyond, with average savings of £262 per property.
The new ‘It Pays to Switch’ website no longer offers collection bargaining but instead provides:
- Access to a fuel comparison site supported by a dedicated freephone number
- The freephone number will give access to staff fully trained to help people complete the switching process
- Provides users with a range of tariff choices at the most competitive of rates
- The website is available all year round with the free phone number open to 6 pm weekdays
- Is not restricted to North Lanarkshire residents.
Heather Brannan-McVey, convener of communities and housing, said: “The free to use comparison website will make it simple for everyone to save on their fuel costs and will have a positive impact on tackling fuel poverty.
“The savings some people have made during our previous campaigns were substantial with some saving as much as £800 per year. We’ve launched this scheme to encourage households to switch domestic energy supplier and save themselves money.”
The scheme can be accessed via North Lanarkshire Council’s website.