Review finds North Lanarkshire home repairs getting even better
North Lanarkshire Council tenants are enjoying one of the best repairs services in Scotland – according to the latest performance review.
The Local Homes Team is responsible for the repair and upgrade of 37,000 properties in North Lanarkshire and make more than 150,000 repairs each year.
The repairs performance over the last year has shown:
- 100 per cent of property gas safety checks were completed;
- Emergency repairs performance carried out within 4.5 hours of the problem being reported – against a Scottish average of 4.8 hours;
- 95 per cent of repairs ‘right first time’ compared to the Scottish average of 90.2 per cent;
- Repairs appointments were met 97 per cent of the time compared to the Scottish average of 93 per cent;
- Non emergency repair times were recorded at 8.1 days against a Scottish average of 8.7 days; and
- 94 per cent of tenants expressed satisfaction with the repairs service being delivered.
Des Murray, newly appointed assistant chief executive of North Lanarkshire Council, said: “People want necessary repairs in their homes fixed as quickly as possible, and to the highest possible standards and we aim to meet these expectations.
“We work very closely with our contractors to ensure the best possible service for local people and we are determined to keep improving our repairs performance. We are already amongst the best in terms of local authorities in Scotland but we are constantly looking to get even better.
“The use of mobile technology and an improved appointments system has made a big difference.
“Missed repairs appointments are costly and slow down response times. We want to make it as easy as possible for tenants to reschedule visits and make us aware if a time doesn’t suit them.
“Annually £46m of rent collected is spent on repairs and maintenance and we want to provide the best possible service with this money.
“Our smartphone App ‘NLC Local’ has helped transform the reporting of repairs. It has made reporting problems much easier and means people can provide more details to our repairs team.
“We have also installed a state-of-the-art location and scheduling system which has improved our response times meaning quicker repairs for tenants.”
The ‘NLC Local’ App can be downloaded FREE via Apple, Android or Blackberry devices. Tenants can also continue to report repairs as normal by telephone, email or in person at their local First Stop Shops.