River Clyde Homes customers safe at home with new CCTV monitoring service
River Clyde Homes has launched a new 24 hour CCTV monitoring service as part of its ambitious Safe at Home Strategy.
Covering over 500 homes, the CCTV service is monitored 24 hours a day by the Inverclyde-based housing association’s accredited customer experience team. The new service adds a further element to River Clyde Homes’ focus to ensure customers feel safe that includes:
- Smaller housing officer patches with an increased focus on addressing anti-social behaviour;
- Financial support to Inverclyde Council for community wardens to target anti-social behaviour hotspots on River Clyde Homes’ estates;
- Review of its anti-social behaviour policy in consultation with customers;
- Zero tolerance approach to drug dealing resulting in an increase in evictions;
- Increased provision of secure door-entry systems;
- New homes all built to ‘Secure by Design’ standards.
Jillian Moffat, chair of the River Clyde Homes Board, said: “Customers told us that feeling safe at home was a top priority in our recent customer satisfaction survey and at consultation events over the last two years. We now have over nine out of ten customers reporting that they do feel safe and the new CCTV service will build on this excellent progress. I’d like to thank the team and all of our customers who got involved in helping to develop the services.”
Joe Deegan, customer experience team manager, said: “It’s been a long journey but the very positive feedback from customers makes it all worth it. Having local friendly staff monitoring the CCTV has really helped as our customers know they can also call 24/7 if they have any concerns. And after the terrible incident in Grenfell Tower, the fire safety assurance provided by the CCTV is very important to our customers. It has also been fantastic for partnership working and we have a great relationship with Police Scotland and the local Community Wardens service.”