Simple, affordable finance for Scottish housing development
Allia’s Scottish Charitable Bond programme provides exceptional, flexible loans for housing associations – supporting the vital development of affordable housing across Scotland.
It’s both simple and unique. The bonds provide loans to housing associations for affordable housing development, using Scottish Government investment. The interest on the loans provides Government grants for further social housing benefit – keeping the money in the sector.
To date, Scottish Government has invested £115 million in our bonds, resulting in 15 loans for 11 housing associations, and almost £28 million has been donated as grants.
Benefits of the bond
Here’s why our unique bonds could be the option for you:
- Competitive fixed rate funding for up to 15 years – keep costs down
- Unsecured – maintain control of assets
- Light covenants – uncomplicated to manage
- No loan or interest repayments until the end of the term - positive cash flow
- Interest is re-used in the housing sector - no shareholders taking a cut
Find out more
The Scottish Government has recently announced they will be investing a further £40 million in our charitable bond programme – so why not see if you can benefit from this unique funding route?
To see how we can help, simply contact us on: