Business Administration (SVQ Level 3) – SHARE
Who’s it for and what’s it about
An SVQ is a qualification accredited by the Scottish Qualification Authority, which is about gaining recognition for what you do in the workplace.
SHARE runs the above qualification on a rolling programme as and when required for the Social Housing Sector. It is the qualification for you if you already have approximately two years’ experience of administration and you work as part of a team, but can also have some autonomy when making decisions in your job.
To achieve the SVQ in Business Administration at Level 3 candidates need to complete eight modules, three core and five optional units.
- Plan How to Manage and Improve Own Performance in a Business Environment
- Review and Maintain Work in a Business Environment
- Communicate in a Business Environment.
Plus five optional and below is only a selection, we will work with individuals to get the best fit of units for candidate’s job.
- Support other people to work in a Business Environment
- Supervise an Office Facility
- Design and Produce Documents in a Business Environment
- Monitor and evaluate customer service to Internal Customers
- Deliver, Monitor and evaluate customer service to External Customers
- Develop a Presentation
- Deliver a Presentation
- Plan and organise Meetings
- Provide Reception Services
- Handle Mail
- Meet and Welcome Visitors
How long should it take?
It is recommended that the SVQ takes around 6 – 9 months, but this is very dependent on individuals and achievement may be quicker.
What happens at induction?
At the induction day you will complete the registration with SQA and be familiarised with your portfolio, the methods of gathering evidence, you will meet your assessor and have any questions answered.
What happens next?
Your assessor will make arrangements to come out and meet up with you and your line manager, and discuss what is best for your optional units based on your job and what evidence you need to generate. Your assessor will meet up with you on an on-going basis until all evidence is gathered and the portfolio is complete. In between meetings you will be supported by email and telephone contact.
Date: 26th March 2019
Trainer: Olwyn Gaffney
Venue: SHARE, Saracen House, 139 Saracen Street, Glasgow, G22 5AZ
Costs: Members £1400.00 / Non-Members £1900.00