CIH Level 3 Certificate in Housing Practice - SHARE
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
This course is ideal for staff and committee/board members who have already completed CIH Level 2 Certificate in Housing Practice or anyone who is considering a career in housing, over the age of 16 years.
Studying this course will also give you student membership of the CIH for the time you are studying.
- To provide learners with an enhanced understanding of housing
- To consolidate some of the skills and knowledge necessary to participate in housing related activities.
- To prepare learners for future study (learners may progress to Level 4)
Benefits to participants
This course provides numerous benefits to participants.
- Gaining detailed knowledge of a wide range of housing services
- Developing a holistic understanding of housing services, as well as their links to governance
- Using practical examples “in class” so that theoretical knowledge is aligned to actual practice
- Working with other participants to establish close working relations in a supportive environment
- Obtaining a relevant qualification that supports further career development
- Student membership of the CIH for the time of study
Benefits to housing organisations
The course provides a number of benefits to organisations that include assisting organisations to:
- Promote legal and good practice guidance standards, including the Scottish Social Housing Charter
- Provide staff with practical knowledge that is used, not simply to deliver quality services, but to improve service delivery and thus promote value for money
- Promote awareness of strategic objectives relating to equal opportunities and customer care
- Stimulate enthusiasm among participants and positive attitudes regarding housing as a profession
What are the course requirements?
Participants in the course are expected to complete a total of eight written assignments and produce a portfolio covering a housing related activity. Some of these assignments can be amalgamated.
Full details and support in completing the assignments are offered by SHARE and the tutor.
Date: 17th March to 21st September 2021 (For full class dates, please visit our website)
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Trainer: Jane Heppenstall
Costs: Members £1100.00/Non-Members £1400.00