CIH SCQF Level 5 Certificate in Housing Practice (formerly CIH Level 2) – SHARE
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
This course is ideal for staff that are new to housing, for staff who want to move into housing as their career, for Committee/Board members or anyone who is considering a career in housing. Also for tenants and residents wishing to explore housing topics to enhance their personal involvement and understanding in housing issues.
- To provide learners with a basic understanding of housing
- To introduce some of the skills and knowledge necessary to participate in housing-related activities whether paid or voluntary
- To prepare learners for future study (learners may progress to Level 3)
What’s in it for me?
Completion of the course will improve your career prospects as you learn practical information and gain a relevant qualification. This will also give you student membership of the CIH for the time you are studying.
Organisation benefits are considerable and include:
- Improved quality of housing services through better qualified staff
- Improved housing services as the course focuses on quality and customer-focused services
What are the course requirements?
Participants in the course are expected to complete a total of six brief written assignments and the production of a portfolio covering a housing-related activity. Some of these assignments can be amalgamated.
Full details and support in completing the assignments are offered by SHARE and the tutor.
Date: 28th August, 16th September, 7th & 28th October and 11th November 2020
Trainer: Alan Smith
Cost: Members £675.00 / Non-Members £875.00