Delivering great customer service on the frontline – SHARE
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
This session is for frontline staff, who are directly involved with the organisations customers, and are likely to be part of the Customer Services Team, work at Reception, in Maintenance or Housing management. Whatever their department they will definitely spend a lot of their time dealing with customers.
This interactive and informative session will explore the basics of what customer service is and why it is so crucial to all parts of the organisation and especially at the front line. It will look at best practice and policies as well as exploring the so called ‘softer skills’ that are required to ensure that service is delivered confidently, consistently and professionally. It will also look at effective complaint handling and dealing with some of those ‘difficult situations’ that are so often an everyday part of frontline duties.
The intention is to introduce, refresh, and inspire in a relaxed and thought provoking environment – with plenty of chat & interaction and not a role play in sight!
Key topics for discussion will include:
- What exactly do we mean by ‘Customer Service Excellence’?
- Strategy | Policy | Procedures – how do these things impact service levels?
- Personal experience of good | bad | indifferent customer service?
- Recognising that our colleagues are also customers
- Exploring and appreciating the importance of providing for a great ‘customer experience’
- What makes a situation (or a customer) ‘difficult’ and how best to deal with such challenging situations
- Dealing with Complaints – generally and in line with SPSO guidance
- Acknowledging & appreciating the value of ‘Attitude!’ in achieving great service
- Preparing to make the ‘right’ impression and developing our questioning and listening skills – so that we engage with our customers in a meaningful and professional manner
- STOP | START | CONTINUE – what will you now do differently?
- Appreciating the importance of consistently delivering service excellence across your organisation
- Valuing the contribution that frontline members of staff make – on a day to day basis – to promoting a successful ‘customer service experience’
- Understanding how, as an individual, you can always make a difference – as ‘every little counts’!
- Reminder as to what the Complaints Handling Procedure expects from us when it comes to service delivery
- Identify potential ‘difficult situations’ and you can best prepare for ‘challenging’ situations
- How to influence and engage with our customers in a meaningful and professional manner
Date: 20th May 2019
Trainer: Heather Ballantine
Venue: SHARE, Saracen House, 139 Saracen Street, Glasgow, G22 5AZ
Costs: Members £195.00 / Non-Members £295.00
To book a place please visit our website at https://www.share.org.uk/upcoming-courses/training-courses/staff-development/delivering-great-customer-service-at-the-frontline or email email@example.com