Factoring what Committee/Board need to know - SHARE
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
This session is for committee/board members who have factored homeowners within their housing stock. This course will give you an understanding of the legislation that factors are required to adhere to, including the property factors register 2011 and the code of conduct as well as the Scottish Housing Charter and how owner’s services feed into this.
We will also examine the background of factoring and the role that this plays within a social housing context as well as the disputes mechanisms that factors are required to have in place.
- The background to factoring within the housing sector
- The Property Factors (Scotland) Act 2001 Code of Conduct
- The ARC and factoring
- Delivering services to owners and your obligations as an employer
- Compliance and risk of managing a factoring service
- Profit and loss
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Be aware of the types of property that their organisation currently factors
- Describe the legislation that factors must adhere to
- How homeowners satisfaction feeds into the ARC
- What services are required to deliver to homeowners, and
- The importance of setting the right management fee
Date: 30th October 2019
Time: 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Trainer: Debra Campbell
Venue: SHARE, Saracen House, 139 Saracen Street, Glasgow, G22 5AZ
Costs: Members £100.00 / Non-Members £200.00