Fire Marshal/Warden training – SHARE
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
This is aimed at managers/supervisors and those with additional responsibilities for implementing and maintaining fire safety management with in the workplace, to help ensure the safety of yourself and colleagues and ensure there is adequate protection within the workplace and what is required by the Fire Service as part of your fire risk assessment.
To give you an insight in to fire and the behaviour of fire and to help eradicate fire hazards before they actually cause a fire. To enable you to play an active part in the safety of all colleagues and people in an emergency situation and to be able to use fire extinguishers confidently, if this would be an appropriate course of action.
- Have an increased awareness of the legislation and statistics that surrounds fire
- Be familiar with the chemistry of combustible materials and how the different types of fires might spread
- Understand the effects of smoke
- Appreciate the role of the Fire Warden and the Fire Marshall
- Recognise fire causes and prevention methods
- Comprehend evacuation procedures and the importance of drills and testing
- Understand what action to take in the event of a fire
- How to use a fire extinguisher and what one to use depending on the classification of the fire
Date: 23rd July 2019
Trainer: ACT Fire Consultancy
Venue: 38 Lansdowne Crescent, Glasgow, G20 6NH
Costs: Members £100.00 / Non-Members £200.00