Housing associations and co-operatives – an introduction - SHARE
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
This one day course is for staff who have joined your housing association/co-operative in the last few months. The course will introduce delegates to some of the main factors that impact the work that housing associations and co-operatives do. The course will cover some of the key functions of a housing association, the role of the Committee/Board, the role of the Scottish Housing Regulator and the wider policy environment.
- Types of housing tenures in Scotland
- The policies which have led to the current housing situation in Scotland and the UK.
- An overview of the current issues in the social housing sector.
- Role of Committee/Board
- Role of the Scottish Housing Regulator
- Functions of a housing association such as rent management and allocations.
- Understand the range of work the housing associations and co-operatives are involved with
- Be able to describe the role of the Scottish Housing Regulator
- Gain an insight into the work of the different departments
- Gain information on the role of the Committee/Board
Date: 2nd August 2021
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Trainer: Alan Smith
Costs: Members £175.00/Non-Members £275.00