How to conduct an appraisal of your senior officer - SHARE
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
Appraising your Director or Chief Executive’s performance is a task that is integral to the Committee’s role as the employer, is important for the senior officer’s development, is good practice, and is a requirement of the Scottish Housing Regulator as set out in the Regulatory Code of Governance.
How this is achieved is not prescriptive. So this short conversational session will focus on what a ‘good appraisal’ experience should look and feel like. In general and then more specifically at how best practice can be applied (and poor practice avoided!) when crafting an effective and engaging appraisal experience – for the Committee, Senior Officer and the organisation as a whole.
The session will include:
- Aims and benefits of an effective Appraisal process
- Why Appraisal’s fail and how to fix them!
- Appraisal aims and objectives for your Senior Officer
- Form and format of the conversation – some hints and tips
- Using SMART objectives to achieve clarity, conciseness and correctness
- 5 ways you can help your Director / CEO
As a result of the sessions you will know how to:
- Develop a meaningful dialogue about Director / CEO Development
- Promote engaging conversations about the desired way forward
- Agree a set SMART objectives with the Director / CEO
- Make the Appraisal an effective and productive experience
Date: 9th August 2021
Time: 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Trainer: Heather Ballantine
Costs: Members £110.00/Non-Members £210.00