Managing common property repairs - SHARE
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
This course is for anyone who is responsible for arranging repairs and maintenance to common properties where there is a mixed tenure between owners and tenants.
This course will explore what you need to consider before arranging repairs to common areas, who is responsible and what you should do before carrying out any repairs and maintenance. We will explore various building types as case studies where repairs and maintenance are required, using legislation and deeds of conditions.
This course will explore the following topics:
- Building types and materials – identifying the hotspots of what’s likely to need repaired in your buildings
- How repairs are reported – Establishing if its common or individual and what to do in an emergency.
- Planned maintenance programmes – what to consider with mixed tenure property
- The importance of inspections – when and why there should be carried out
- When to meet with the owners – what the legal requirements may be
- What to do if deeds aren’t clear on responsibility – the obligations of the factor & the owner
- Apportioning costs, billing owners – what to include in your invoice
By the end of this course, you should be able to identify what steps you should be taking prior to carrying out any common property repairs and maintenance where there is a mixed tenure.
Date: 26th July 2021
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Trainer: Debra Campbell
Costs: Members £175.00/Non-Members £275.00