Managing your remote working team - SHARE
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
With almost a year of mostly homebased working environments ‘under our belts’ now, we know ‘we can do it’ – as they say! We also know that teams are likely to continue working from home, for at least part of their working time, as this year progresses. So how do managers continue to successfully support, lead and manage teams, many of whom are ‘scunnered’, as we move forward?
We will be looking at some essential management and leadership skills that will help remote teams feel connected, supported and valued as well as highlighting the importance of well-being on team effectiveness and performance.
The session is for managers who would appreciate the opportunity to connect with some ideas and best practice and to engage in meaningful conversations that will help them to continue to manage their remote teams, in these uncertain times.
- Reminder of the key skills and attributes of an effective manager – at any time
- What do we need to do differently, as manager of a team that is working remotely, to fulfil these expectations?
- The importance of tuning in to the health and well-being needs of the team (ourselves included!)
- Top tips for managing remote teams including how best to engage and connect with each other
- Opportunity to share experiences and ask questions
By the end of the session participants will have had the opportunity to:
- Remind themselves of the role and responsibilities of an effective manager
• Share with and reflect upon personal experiences of managing a team remotely with a view to creating a personal action plan
- Engage with some current best practice ideas as to how best to communicate and connect with team members, whilst so many of us continue to work from home
- identify areas/topics for further learning
Date: 19th May 2021
Time: 9:30am – 11:30am
Trainer: Heather Ballantine
Costs: Members £110.00/Non-Members £210.00