Mastering difficult conversations – SHARE
This Zoom workshop is for anyone facing a 1-1 conversation which might be tricky, and who wants a number of strategies, tools, tactic and skills to help them make such a conversation more successful.
It will provide you with the skills and confidence to approach difficult conversations knowing that you will have the successful outcome that you require.
Through the use of actual examples from the world of housing the course gives you the skills to handle difficult conversations in the workplace which may have arisen from individuals’ attitudes, behaviour or conduct.
Objectives – The Benefits to You and Your Organisation:
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of having difficult conversations.
- Recognise the advantages of having structured, action centred conversations to successfully address key issues in attitude and behaviour.
- Understand how and what to plan ahead for a successful outcome.
- Know what interpersonal skills are needed to get the most from these conversations.
- Practise approaching difficult conversations using the SUGAR model and a variety of questioning techniques to steer the conversation to a positive outcome.
Approaching difficult conversations
- Know the A, B, C of why we need to have difficult conversations
- The benefits of having those conversations
- Preparation for a successful outcome to the conversation
- Conducting the conversation using a tried and tested approach
Structure, direction and content of a difficult conversation
- Accurate, Brief and Clear Model
- How to use impulse control
- SUGAR Model to achieve positive outcomes
Managing yourself whilst having a difficult conversation
- Social skills of listening and empathy
- Key questions that you must ask to gain insight
- How to start with the end in mind.
- Case studies – analyse, think through and identify the most appropriate approach to several situations where a difficult conversation is critical to the association
This course is for managers who need to have timely, effective and difficult conversations in the workplace about individuals’ attitudes, behaviour and conduct.
The course will be hosted through a secured Zoom event, and can be done on any device (phone, tablet, laptop, Pc) that has internet access. The course is made up of two 90 minute sessions (9:00-10:30 and 10:45-12:15).
Please note that this course was previously title ‘Crucial conversations’.
Date: 16th July 2020
Time: 9:00am – 12:15pm
Trainer: Brian Hutcheson
Cost: Members £100.00 / Non-Members £150.00