Questions you should be asking – affordability - SHARE
Questions you should be asking – affordability
18th March 2021
5.30pm – 7.30pm
Cost: Member £100.00 / Non-member £200.00
Trainer: Graeme Aitken
Who is it for and what is it about?
The Scottish Housing Regulator has on several occasions highlighted the need for housings associations and co-operatives to ensure that their rents are affordable. Many organisations will use tools and calculators to analyse the figures and help them arrive at a conclusion. This session will look beyond this at the other ways committee/board should be scrutinising affordability decisions to do the best by their tenants.
- What is affordability?
- How do you know your rents are affordable for your tenants?
- What to expect from affordability reports
- Using affordability tools
- Affordability beyond rent setting – looking at business efficiency
After the completion of this course, delegates will:
- Have a better understanding of affordability in a wider context
- Be able to analyse and scrutinise reports presented to them on affordability
- Be able to provide stronger scrutiny and better governance generally
For more information or to book please click here.