Supporting your tenants with budgeting
Who is it for and what is it about?
This half day course focuses on techniques and processes to engage tenants in budgeting support. The session will provide frontline workers with the skills and confidence to support tenants to check their current budgets, consider income maximisation and provide achievable budgeting plans to benefit tenants.
- Raising income maximisation and budget advice with tenants
- Completing budget checks
- Overview of different forms of income maximisation
- Setting budget plans
- Helping tenants maintain budget plans
As a result of this course, delegates will:
- Be able to complete budget checks with tenants
- Recognise when and how income maximisation can be used
- Be able to assist tenants to set realistic budget plans
- Feel more confident about discussing income maximisation and budget plans with tenants
Please note that this course will not cover income maximisation through benefit claims in detail. Our course ‘Universal Credit and maximising tenant income’ focusses on this area. The two courses complement each other and can therefore be completed separately or in conjunction.
Date: 2nd June 2021
Time: 9:30am – 1:00pm
Trainer: Kate Hughes
Costs: Members £100.00/Non-Members £200.00