Treasury Management: compliance with CIPFA Code - SHARE
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
This course, for senior officers and finance staff, is designed to help you understand the CIPFA code to ensure compliance. The underlying principle that should shape any Treasury Management Policy is that the governing body is risk-averse. The policies and practices outlined within the policy should make clear that the effective management and control of risk are the prime objective of the strategy.
The policy should demonstrate good governance and recognise the crucial role and responsibility the organisation has to deliver good services to tenants, keep the association / co-operative financially healthy and compliant with the conditions in the loan documents.
- The need for compliance with loan conditions;
- Information requirements * any other relevant conditions in the loan agreement
- The need to ensure the Housing Association is not exposed to too much risk; identifying these risks and how the RSL may protect themselves from them
- The control the management committee has over the TMP
- An investment strategy for use of deposits and
- Borrowing Strategy for lending
- Discuss a strategy for implementing improvements to your TMP in line with the CIPFA guidance
- Identify an action plan for implementing the strategy
- Look at the adequacy of your current TMP
- Look at the skills, knowledge and experience that the current and future senior staff will require in implementing the policy
- Gain a further understanding of the covenant, information requirements and other conditions in loans documents
Date: 30th September 2021
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Trainer: Paul McNeill
Costs: Members £195.00/Non-Members £295.00