Head of Repairs and Maintenance
Head of Repairs and Maintenance – Advert
Salary - £65,000 - £72,000 pa
The role of Head of Repairs and Maintenance offers the successful candidate the opportunity to lead a transformation at Scotland’s second-largest social landlord, Dumfries & Galloway Housing Partnership (DGHP). With plans progressing for DGHP to join Wheatley Group, you would be joining the organisation at one of the most exciting times in its history.
DGHP plans to bring its existing repairs service in-house, providing a more integrated and responsive model with a focus on customer experience, value for money, and environmental sustainability. Investment in the new repairs system will introduce a modernised job management solution ‘new servitor’ by Civica which will be linked to the existing housing management system.
The aim of the new service is to provide the in-house mobile trades team with the flexibility, support and materials to deliver truly responsive, first-class repairs for customers.
In addition to fulfilling the corporate responsibilities of a key member of DGHP’s senior management team, the Head of Repairs and Maintenance will ensure the repairs service delivers a best-in-class, personalised repairs service to DGHP’s 10,300 tenants and 630 factored owners.
They will also work closely with senior colleagues within Wheatley Group to maximise DGHP’s and the group’s strategic potential. Day-to-day, they will lead a workforce including mixed trades of around 149 staff, ensuring the smooth running of the responsive repairs operation, gas servicing arrangements and heating repairs.
With a degree and/or professional qualification in a technical discipline or equivalent and typically five years’ experience in a technical management role, the successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Drive and motivation.
- Put customers at the heart of service delivery with an emphasis on personalised, bespoke responsive repair services.
- Ability to deliver DGHP’s planned and cyclical programmes.
- Experience as a leader with a track record of managing high performing teams within a reactive repairs’ environment.
- Ability to control substantial budgets and manage the relationship with subcontractors and suppliers.
This is a unique opportunity to help shape the future of Dumfries & Galloway Housing Partnership. For an informal discussion please contact Ray Williamson, Executive Search Consultant at Dixon Walter on 0131 202 1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be made via email to email@example.com by Friday 20th December at 5pm and must include on separate documents:
- a letter of application setting out your interest in the role and details of how you match the person specification;
- a comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV);
- details of three referees and your current remuneration (Referees will not be contacted without your permission);
- a completed Equal Opportunities form.
- Interviews will take place week commencing 6th January 2020 in Dumfries and you should be available for this. If required a final stage interview (shortlist) will be held week commencing 13th January 2010.
Diversity is valued at both Dixon Walter and Wheatley Group and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.