POST: Maintenance Administrator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Asset Manager
REMUNERATION: Initially £22,200 made up of a salary of £20,000 p.a. and £2,200 (11%) non-contributory pension contribution to company scheme.
HOURS: 35 hours per week (flexible with one weekend day to be included)
LAR Group includes LAR Housing Trust - a charity set up to buy/build homes across Scotland for long-term rent at mid-market rent, LAR Property Management Community Interest Company - responsible for letting, management and maintenance of LAR’s units and factoring of a number of private developments, and LAR Projects Limited - responsible for development of units for LAR and others.
LAR started its acquisition programme in October 2015 and has over 660 homes occupied and rented out in the Ayr, Aberdeen, Blairgowrie, East Lothian, Edinburgh, Fife, Glasgow and Midlothian with a considerable number of homes under construction taking the overall stock close to around 900 homes over the next two years.
This is a very hands-on role working closely with a small, friendly team based in Dunfermline and Aberdeen consisting of the Operations Director, two Operations Mangers, Asset Manager, three Property Managers, Lettings Administrator and Maintenance Co-ordinator. This role is a key part of the Operations team providing administrative support to all maintenance related activities including liaising with Lar’s customers and contractors to ensure a first-class service is provided at all times. Full training to the role will be given to the chosen candidate.
To provide administrative support to the Operations Team including:
- Supporting the Asset Manager in arranging property maintenance services by logging and scheduling tasks, obtaining quotes from contractors, logging and issuing of work orders to contractors, booking in repairs with contractors and arranging for access with tenants/customers and following up on outstanding works.
- Supporting the Maintenance Coordinator in the provision of responsive repairs service over phone and email including logging calls, assessing and recording repairs requirement, assisting callers through a set of self-help steps where appropriate, arranging for access to carry out repairs, keeping tenants and customer updated on progress of repairs.
- Supporting the Operations Administrator during busy periods marketing properties and dealing with lettings enquiries that come in by telephone and email, carrying out credit and reference checks, arranging for viewings and carrying out allocations as instructed by relevant Property Managers.
- Assisting the wider Operations Team in monitoring and reporting on performance against Lar’s policies, standards and customer satisfaction.
- Assisting with social media management to promote LAR’s activities online.
- All other activity related to the above, as discussed with the Asset Manager and Maintenance Coordinator.
3. Person Specification
The candidate will be a motivated individual who:
- Is extremely organised and efficient;
- Has good interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Works well as part of a team and is enthusiastic and motivated;
- Has good computer skills; and
- Can be flexible as the business needs require it.
A current CV, (including 2 references) together with a personal statement should be submitted to: email@example.com
For further information or to discuss the role further please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is expected that interviews will be held during June.