Property Manager - West
POST: Property Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: Operations Manager
LOCATION: Glasgow (Regular visits to Dunfermline Head Office)
REMUNERATION: Initially £29, 040 p.a. made up of £24,000 salary, £2,400 (10% car allowance and £2,640 (11%) non-contributory pension contribution to company scheme.
HOURS: 35 hours per week (including one weekend day per month and varied hours during the week)
LAR Group includes LAR Housing Trust - a charity set up to buy/build homes across Scotland for long-term rent at mid-market rent, LAR Property Management Community Interest Company - responsible for letting, management and maintenance of LAR’s units and factoring of a number of private developments, and LAR Projects Limited - responsible for development of units for LAR and others.
LAR started its acquisition programme in October 2015 and has over 660 homes occupied and rented out in the Ayr, Aberdeen, Blairgowrie, East Lothian, Edinburgh, Fife, Glasgow and Midlothian with a considerable number of homes under construction taking the overall stock close to around 900 homes over the next two years.
Lar is now looking for a property manager to cover its portfolio across the west of Scotland. This would include all aspects of property and tenancy management for the portfolio in Glasgow, Ayr, as well as marketing and letting new developments as we acquire them. There may also be support required to cover Edinburgh and Aberdeen areas from time to time. The hours for this role will be flexible, but the role will include the requirement for availability at evenings and weekends as required. This may therefore suit someone who is looking for the ability to manage their own diary outside of traditional working patterns.
Overall, Lar has 15 staff members and the Property Manager will join the Operations Team currently consisting of the Operations Director, two Operations Mangers, Asset Manager and three Property Managers, two Administrators and a Maintenance Co-ordinator.
Lar is in the process of developing office space in Glasgow where this role will also be based. Following an induction period in the Dunfermline head office, the successful candidate will be working from home until the Glasgow office is ready with weekly visits to Dunfermline office.
The applicant must have a LETWELL qualification and hold a clean driving licence and have access to a car.
To be responsible to the Operations Manager for all tenancy and property matters including:
- Overall management of a designated portfolio of developments to ensure our tenants have a great place to live both in terms of their homes and the wider development ensuring that Lar’s performance standards are met, properties meet all regulatory and Lar’s own standards, and that services are delivered to Lar’s customer service standards;
- Marketing properties and carrying out tenant viewings, reference checking, inventory creation, arranging deposit collection and tenancy sign-ups;
- Monitoring and managing rent accounts including taking appropriate action if rent arrears occur in line with Lar’s Rent Arrears Procedure;
- Carrying out regular estate inspections and annual property inspections and promptly arranging any remedial works / actions required;
- Dealing with all tenancy issues as reported, including Anti-Social Behaviour, property damage and neighbourhood issues;
- Dealing with low level complaints in line with Lar’s Complaints Policy;
- Providing regular reports on all Key Performance Indicators including void times, rent arrears, lettings, repairs, complaints and any other reports as required;
- Liaising with Asset and Repairs Teams and with Lar’s preferred contractors for void works, responsive repairs and cyclical repairs including compliance works as they are identified to ensure that properties continue to meet the Repairing Standard;
- Collect feedback and annual surveys of tenants (and potential tenants) and reporting and implement any findings to ensure that Lar is best meeting its charitable objectives and providing a high quality of service to its tenants;
- Lodging deposits in line with regulatory requirements and managing deposit release process at the end of tenancies, including any disputes;
- Regular promotion of own portfolio across Lar’s social medial channels; and
- All other activity related to the above, as discussed with the Operations Manager.
3. Person Specification
The candidate will be a motivated individual who:
- Has relevant and current experience in a customer service role;
- Has a strong track record in delivery of results and achieving commercial targets;
- Has obtained their LETWELL qualification;
- Has good interpersonal skills, a track record in relation to tenant management; and
- Has experience of letting and property management.
The candidate is expected to be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer service
- Delivery focus
- Team working
A current CV, (including 2 references) together with a personal statement should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on 18th of June 2021
For further information or to discuss the role further please contact email@example.com.
It is expected that interviews will be held June/July 2021.