Senior Support Worker
Senior Support Worker - 39 hours per week - Female Only
Kennoway and nearby towns
Salary £23,699 (unqualified), £24,298 (qualified) per annum
Sleepover payment £74.40 per sleepover
Kingdom Support & Care provide high quality and personalised support and care designed to meet individual needs and desired outcomes. We provide support to individuals in the community, including those with: learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, complex needs, mental health issues, physical disabilities, substance misuse and alcohol related brain injuries as well as age related needs.
About the Role
In this role, you will be an integral member of the support team ensuring a high quality of care and is delivered to individuals with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, complex health issues and mental health issues. The support is provided in a shared living setting in Kennoway and within individuals own tenancies in Leven, Methil and Glenrothesareas where we provide 24 hour support. We also provide outreach support services in these areas. You will work in a fast paced environment, working to deadlines, chairing meetings, liaising with families, social work and health professionals.
You will assist the Coordinator in the day to day running of the service, you will line manage a team of support workersand you will be keyworker to supported individuals.
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and dedicated individual who has the desire to want to support people to have the best life possible. If you have two years experience in a Support & Care setting and hold an SVQ 2 qualification in Care or a related field in line with the SSSC registration criteria this could be an opportunity for you.
You must be flexible in your approach to work and it is essential you are able to work shifts which will include weekend working, evenings and sleepovers.
- Competitive pay
- Full funding and support towards an SVQ qualification in Care
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sleepovers paid at £74.40 per sleepover
- Enhanced entitlements for other types of leave
- A free, confidential employee counselling service
- Discounted gym membership
- A current driving licence, business insurance and the use of a car for work purposes are essential.
- This post is subject to a PVG Disclosure check. The cost of membership is borne by you.
- Female only - This post has an occupational requirement under the Equality Act 2010 which restricts applications to females only due to service users support needs.
To apply online log onto our website.
The closing date for applications is Monday, 26 April 2021, 12 noon.
Registered in Scotland: SC545491